WELCOME!

Hi! My name is Donna Boyce Trexler Geertz ... I grew up in Tarrytown, NY and attended Sleepy Hollow High School. I now live in Port Saint Lucie, Florida. You are invited to join me as I share thoughts and contemplations along my journey in life (68 years). I have lost two husbands within the last several years. My first late husband, Bart Trexler, whom I co-pastored a church near Charleston, SC, died from a brain tumor in December 2004, and on Feb 1, 2013 my husband Joe Geertz from complications with a gallbladder operation.

“PEACH LAKE MEMORIES is a compilation of 15 Chapters / vignettes, including pictures, filled with fond remembrances and thoughts of years gone by as I was growing up.
If you scroll down on the right hand side the different chapters are listed, under the faint wording that says "blog archive"..Just click on any one that may interest you.

I have also posted many other stories too on this blog!!
I do hope you enjoy taking a walk down memory lane with me!

M
ay God bless you richly today~

**As a side note, I have other blogs too... 18 in fact.. If you scroll down to the bottom of this page you will you will see a smiley sun graphic.. right under that is the list of my other blogs. Just double click on any one that interests you.




SWEET SONG OF THE PAST

How fast childhood years have flashed by
When hop scotch, jump rope and
pick up stixs where things we played.
Hoola hoops and old maid where so much fun,
comics and mystery books, and boats in the sun.
Oh, to go back to the old ways,
when skate keys and scraped knees
where all part of the phase of growing up!

My dollies where my constant companions,
and playing teatime delighted me so,
Mommy, will you be my turtle,
and help me make a bow,
talk to me for hours,
and swing me soft and low?

Times of lemonade and gingersnaps,
Dragonflies and sitting on my Grandpa’s lap
Swedish pancakes with raspberry jam,
and of course my favorite, swiss cheese and ham!

I took it all for granted, and then childhood faded away
To a place in my mind, where only whisps of it remain.

Oh, to go back to skipping stones, and princess phones,
Fishing with bobbers, and fireflies aglow
and yelling “catch me Daddy” off the dock.
Praying with Mom as we watched the cows graze,
All locked in my mind .. such wonderful days.

In these golden times,
I am grateful for the childhood I had,
knowing it is over sometimes makes me sad.
But, today holds memories of its own,
thank you Lord, I have someone to share it with
I am not alone.

©Donsie's Dialogs 2011 written by Donna 2011



Monday, June 20, 2011

PEACH LAKE MEMORIES CHAPTER 14 - "CHICKENBUG AND YOU CAN DO IT!"

PEACH LAKE MEMORIES CHAPTER 14 - “CHICKENBUG AND YOU CAN DO IT!”

I have so many wonderful memories of my mother all tucked away in my heart. I loved the way she would hold my chin and speak endearing or silly words or names to me such as “my snookiedoodle, or chickenbug which my daughter just loved and still recalls with fondness as my Keri became her “chickenbug” after I grew up. We could never figure out how she came up with that expression, but to us it was words of love... “You can Do IT … I know you can, or just a simple I love you were also some of her special names or words for us”. Whenever I was down or felt I was having a hard time, my mother would remind me that “I was made of strong stock”! Thank you Lord for my mother ... please give her a big hug and kiss her for me and kiss Dad too… and tell them I do appreciate all they have been to me and my family.

My
Mom
and
me!
She
speaks
words
of wisdom
and
love
"you
are
from
strong
stock"

To give you an idea of who my mother was, please read Chapter 15, my last chapter in this book, and be encouraged by her own words. She wrote a letter to our family to lift us up as we all tried to be of help to her while praying for my Father who was going through the last stages of Parkinson's Disease. It was a long process and a hard battle on all fronts physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally until his death. I often said to her that she was a "steel magnolia" during that time, and presented her with a magnolia silk flower keepsake at my Father's funeral.

I love the promise scripture at the end of this chapter. It is from God, and I believe it will come to pass. I see wonderful signs continuously with my children, their children, my nephews and their families that this is happening. The word of God was in my Mother’s mouth... it is in mine, my husband's, and my sister’s and her husband's. (Gwen and her husband have opened and minister together in three Food Kitchens helping the needy). I believe that word is in our children's and will be in their children's mouths. What more could one desire for their loved ones than for God's word to be in their hearts and mouths?

My Brother in law - Bob Carey had a vision to feed the hungry. That vision has now expanded from one to three kitchens, ministering to the needy. My sister Gwen is a vital and integral part.

My sister and Brother in law .. Bob and Gwen Carey


Volunteers at Sarah's Kitchen



Bob (center) with friends of Sarah's Kitchen
Bob also preaches at different churches in the area, and he has a fantastic gift in photography, some of which have won awards and newspaper recognition.



A tiny picture I found online of my sister Gwen (on left) serving at Sarah's Kitchen .. my sister is for sure a Worker Bee, behind the scenes in ways only God can see and on the front lines too. Gwen, you are a blessing. . Gwen taught mentally challenged children for years in the New Jersey School System.



My friend Carol blesses the guests with her music during dinner










My husband Joe leading a Pastors conference in India. He is laying hands on the Lepers ... (sorry for the coffee spills on the photo) He also compiled "Basics" book for pastors and had it translated into different Indian dialects. Joe has just completed a Christian book "Transforming from Glory to Glory". He is looking to have it published at the present time.


I still love preaching, but my main heart is for counsel. There are so many hurting people in the world that just need some tender care. This picture sums up the passion of my life. To be a lover of God and His people. This was on the front page of the newspaper Thanksgiving Day after being downtown to help feed the homeless ... I didn't even know the picture was being taken! I had just led this man to the Lord. What peace and contentment on his face.

Thank You Lord!


Here is the scripture.. I believe this for our family and yours as well:

Isaiah 59:21—“MY WORD WHICH IN IN YOUR MOUTH WILL BE IN YOUR SEED'S MOUTH, AND IN YOUR SEED'S MOUTH, FROM THIS TIME AND FOREVERMORE!"


©PEACH LAKE MEMORIES 5/21/11
Peach Lake Memories is a 15 Chapter book with vignettes about my childhood memories. It is copyrighted. Please ask for permission before using any information in my book. Thank you .. donnatrex@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment